Cryptocurrency analysis company Arkham announced in a statement that it discovered the wallets containing Bitcoin reserves of Coinbase, one of the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges.
Arkham claims that Coinbase owns approximately 1 million BTC worth over $25 billion, making the company the world's largest known Bitcoin holder.
Arkham uses a proprietary algorithm to identify and tag addresses used by various cryptocurrency platforms and organizations. According to Arkham, the company identified and tagged more than 36 million BTC deposit and holding addresses used by Coinbase; their largest cold wallet holds approximately 10,000 BTC.
Arkham also says that based on Coinbase's latest financial data, the exchange has thousands more BTC that have not yet been tagged and that its analysis is ongoing to identify these additional addresses.
Here are the company's total cryptocurrency assets in all its wallets, including Bitcoin:
- Bitcoin (BTC): 948,383 BTC worth $25.22 billion.
- Ethereum (ETH): 1,686,000 ETH worth $2.68 billion.
- Chainlink (LINK): 68,591,000 LINK worth $467.10 million.
- USD Coin (USDC): 222,832,000 USDC worth $222.83 million.
- Binance Coin (BNB): 921,875 BNB worth $194.11 million.
- The Graph (GRT): 854,137,000 GRT worth $74.62 million.
- Uniswap (UNI): 12,100,000 UNIs worth $51.18 million.
- 0x Protocol (ZRX): 162,458,000 ZRX worth $30.28 million.
*This is not investment advice.